Trevor James 'The Horn' Alto Sax Outfit - Gold Lacquer
‘The Horn’ - The original is back and this time enhanced for the 21st century.
New for 2019, based on the original award winning TJ ‘Horn’ sax design of the late 1980s, this ergonomically enhanced sax will not only help you develop your own sound, but will also encourage you to further explore the instrument. ‘The Horn’ is an excellent first sax for the new player.
In keeping with our quality design and manufacturing baseline, this saxophone is built using the highest quality materials and then further quality-checked at our technical workshops in Lenham (U.K) by our wonderful team of technicians before making its way to our worldwide network of TJ instrument distributors and then on to your nearest music dealer.
If you have ever wanted to learn the saxophone, but haven’t a clue where to start, this is the sax for you; with fantastic intonation and solid construction, you will be mastering some of the greatest tunes out there in no time.
Smooth, fluent action to allow students to move around the instrument with ease • Free blowing - Supports the player’s air flow when playing, essential for students • Thumb Rests: Plastic upper, metal adjustable lower, so your hand can fit comfortably • Blue steel needle springs – Allowing for a smoother action • Plastic Touch pieces • Leather Pads • Metal Reflectors – allowing for a clear, brighter response and easier air flow throughout the instrument • Floral engraving on the side of the bell • TJ Plastic Mouthpiece – Great starter mouthpiece • Metal 2-Screw ligature – Best starter ligature, holding the reed on tightly to the mouthpiece. Complete with a cap.
Accessories: Reeds, Comfortable Neck Sling, Polishing Cloth
Case: Rectangular padded deluxe case with backpack straps, side pocket and side strap
Range: Bb3 to F#5 (Concert Pitch: Db3 to A5)
How does it Feel & Sound?
• A robust and reliable horn that not only feels great but can withstand enthusiastic exploration of the instrument by new players in their early stages.
• Excellent build quality for a comfortable and responsive playing experience.
• Features thumb rests to allow your hands to sit comfortably and naturally on the sax, whilst also encouraging correct hand positioning.
• Keywork featuring blue needle springs for a very natural key action that is particularly smooth and light to the touch.
• A versatile and pure tone with excellent clarity.